Family Days with my Stafff

Posted by: Celina's Blog / Category:








One of the topics I yearn to write about as an Expatriate in my company is about my bonding /integration with my staff. There are so many experiences I had and continue to have making my life so enriched. Some serious, some funny, some life-threatening ( yes I had it !!) , all in a span of more than twelve years and still counting ( God Permit!) Anyone can just imagine how varied and colorful these experiences are. Sure does light my spirits as after office hours and non-busy weekends I'm almost always home alone with housemaid ( even had a succession of 5 maids over the years);my family and friends coming only to visit me during summers.


Well one of the ways me and my staff stays together is by playing and having fun together ; not just work!! We contribute funds, with me of course giving the lion share to hold our Family Days - going picnics,recreation, fun!! My rank and file staff ( 60 + if the two factory sites join together or 30 + if by factory site ) together with their families . Oh I can tell you , its really fun!! Imagine from the beginning 1997 to be exact, some of them are still singles, some with one kid or two and as time goes on we grow older - families grow and some people come and go . But still our tradition of annual Family Day survive the test of time ( even economic hardship should I say, SO the babies then are SMP's and SMA's now (junior and senior highschool) .They call me Mommy , and Grannie (ouch!!)


0 comments:

Post a Comment